Landscape Architect – Advanced at East Carolina University
East Carolina University (ECU) is a public research university in Greenville, North Carolina. It is the fourth largest university in North Carolina.
Founded on March 8, 1907, as a teacher training school, East Carolina has grown from its original 43 acres (17 ha) to almost 1,600 acres (647 ha) today. The university’s academic facilities are located on six properties: Main Campus, Health Sciences Campus, West Research Campus, the Field Station for Coastal Studies in New Holland, North Carolina, the Millennial Research Innovation Campus in Greenville’s warehouse district and an overseas campus in Certaldo Alto, Italy. ECU also operates the Coastal Studies Institute. The nine undergraduate colleges, graduate school, and four professional schools are located on these four properties. All of the non-health sciences majors are located on the main campus. The College of Nursing, College of Allied Health Sciences, The Brody School of Medicine, and School of Dental Medicine are located on the health science campus. ECU is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.
* Development of in-house projects (landscape, irrigation, lighting, storm water systems, paving, site amenities, etc.) from initial concept to implementation.
* Management of landscape designs created by outside designers.
* Coordination of the landscape portion of large scale design projects.
* Provide guidance for all new buildings and/or renovation projects on campus in regards to Landscape Architecture. Has significant input in the design review process from a planning and operations standpoint. Is integral in the construction of these projects, ensuring methods of installation are appropriate. Inspects construction sites and is involved in final acceptance of the building and site work.
* Assist in the development and management of University Lighting Master Plan as well as input in all site lighting issues on all campuses.
* Development and implementation of design guidelines for both landscape architecture and landscape construction.
* Assistance in management of Grounds Department in daily operations, special events, and various landscape design and installation projects.
* Responsible for ordering materials used in the Grounds Services operation. This list includes chemicals, fertilizers, seed, sod, trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, tools, equipment, etc.
* Serves on numerous campus committees including the sustainability committee.
* Utilization of innovative techniques to help protect the existing landscape during construction projects.
* Provides a resource to academic departments in regards to sustainable practices in landscape architecture.
* Contribution to the Master Plan on landscape, lighting, sustainable practices, pedestrian and vehicular circulation, site amenities, and other various design issues.
* Input on the Repair and Renovation list as well as maintenance of a future projects list.
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION
REPRESENTATIVE NAME –
REPRESENTATIVE EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
REPRESENTATIVE NUMBER –
COMPANY PRIMARY PHYSICAL LOCATION
E 5th St
Greenville, SC 27858
COMPANY SECTOR – College/University
COMPANY SIZE –
HIRING MANAGER NAME –
HIRING MANAGER EMAIL –
HIRING MANAGER PHONE –
SALARY – $56,163 – $82,564
SALARY RANGE –
WORK REMOTE – None
WORK REMOTE PERCENTAGE – 0
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment and one year of related experience
SPECIAL LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Licensed to practice architecture or landscape architecture by the North Carolina Board of Architecture or the North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects