Senior Project Manager/Architect/Engineer/Designer at Boise State University
From groundbreaking research and academic programs to exponential growth all over campus, to how our faculty and staff are re-imagining higher education, we are blazing trails in Idaho, the U.S. and throughout the world.
Our metropolitan campus runs along the banks of the Boise River, just a quick walk from the heart of Idaho’s largest city.
We are home to more than 26,000 students from every state and more than 60 foreign countries.
Our campus is growing right alongside our city, with new, state-of-the art research labs, living and dining spaces, and a brand new high-tech home for visual arts.
● Organize and deliver complete project design concepts with the project team or public forum under the supervision of the University Architect
● Coordinate project design with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies
● Display willingness to make decisions by exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, supporting and explaining reasons for decisions, including appropriate people in decision-making process and making timely decisions
● Delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful
● Supervise and manage direct reports
● Understand, follow and develop University policies and procedures as related to capital improvements
● Set goals, prioritize and plan work activities for self-management and direct reports, using time efficiently
● Serve as the campus’s subject matter expert for industry changes, evolutions and best design practices, technologies, materials and products
● Lead and/or effectively participate in design charrettes, team design critiques and pin-ups
● Supervise work in progress ensuring high quality, on time and within budget
● Analyzes and documents the development of programmatic requirements and acts as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
● Provides oversight of the design process, preparation of bidding documents, the awarding of construction contracts, the preparation of change orders, the progress of construction, and occupancy.
● Administers construction contracts, including the awarding of construction contracts, preparation of change orders, and review of Certificates and Applications for Payment.
● Resolves construction issues on the job site regarding unforeseen conditions, construction issues, and owner proposed changes.
● Develops and provides current, ongoing information to manage project funding, schedules, and scope descriptions for project reporting.
● Represents the University at progress meetings on larger projects, which can be managed by the Division of Public Works (DPW).
● Displays willingness to make decisions by exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, supporting and explaining reasons for decisions, including appropriate people in decision-making process and making timely decisions.
● Leads and/or effectively participates in design charrettes, team design critiques, and pin-ups.
● Familiar with applicable codes and their applications, including but not limited to the International Building Code, National Fire Prevention Association, Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Life/Safety Code.
● Participates in ongoing training specific to the PM role or individual’s area of expertise.
● Supervises work in progress ensuring high quality, on time and within budget
for up to 3 direct reports.
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION
REPRESENTATIVE NAME – Kathleen Anderson
REPRESENTATIVE EMAIL –
REPRESENTATIVE NUMBER – 208-426-5169
COMPANY PRIMARY PHYSICAL LOCATION
1910 W University Dr
Boise, ID 83725
COMPANY SECTOR – College/University
COMPANY SIZE –
HIRING MANAGER NAME –
HIRING MANAGER EMAIL –
HIRING MANAGER PHONE –
SALARY – $85,000 – $94,000/per year
SALARY RANGE –
WORK REMOTE – None
WORK REMOTE PERCENTAGE – 0
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years relevant experience including 1 year managerial experience
SPECIAL LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Professional licensure as a Registered Architect, Interior Designer, or Professional Engineer